Monday, January 18, 2010

12. Gallop


Title: Gallop!
Author: Rufus Butler Seder
Publisher: Workman Publishing
Copyright Date: 2007
Number of Pages: 20
Reading Level: 6+
Genre: Scanimation/Picture Book

Summary
A horse gallops across the page, giddyup-a-loo! A chicken struts, a dog runs, a cat springs, an eagle soars, a chimp swings, a butterfly flutters, a turtle swims and a star shines. All of the pictures have words underneath that describe the sound of the action above. So as a child would read the words they see the animal and can almost hear what it would sound like.

Recommendation
An enigmatic book for youngsters for sure. I would read this to a 2 year old up to a 6 year old probably. Its good for sound recognition and for putting animals with actions.

Problems/Conflict

None that I can think of.

My Reaction
The pictures are so entertaining, I find myself trying to get the animals to go in reverse just for fun. I enjoy the sounds for each animal and how Seder has tried to catch the rhythm of the animals moving. I am impressed with the uniqueness of this book and the variety it brings to picture books.

No comments:

Post a Comment